When Going Back To School Feels Anything But Safe......
September 1, 2014
Parents are packing lunches and buying backpacks to prepare for the first day of school, but now more than ever safety has become part of the conversation. With Sandy Hook and UCSB in mind. Here are some back to school safety tips.
1. Plan a walking route to school or the bus stop. Be sure to walk the route beforehand so you and your child can become familiar.
2. Teach your child never to talk to strangers.
3. If you cannot acoompany your child to and from school make sure your child walks with a sibling, friend or neighbor.
4. Be sure that your child knows his or her home phone numer and address, your work number, and the number of another trusted adult. Teach them how to call 911 for emergencies.
5. Give your child sime strategies for coping will bullies.